Centerpieces and Collectibles
Table Displays, Centerpieces, Mantle Decorations, Etc.
Beautiful centerpieces are decorated, donated, and displayed in Centerpieces and Collectibles. These items are sold by silent auction on Opening Night of Festival of Trees, Tuesday, November 27, 2012, and throughout Festival week, November 28 - December 1, 2012. One hundred percent of all funds raised will help children at Primary Children's Medical Center.
If you are interested in decorating and donating a Centerpiece to the Festival of Trees, the following policies and procedures will assist you in making your decision:
Registering Your Centerpiece and Collectible
In order to participate in the 2012 Festival of Trees, you must complete the registration process by November 1, 2012. Your space will be assigned only if your registration form is completely filled out.
Your space will be guaranteed if registration is submitted by November 1. After the deadline, registrations will be accepted as space is available.
Remember to specify the approximate size of your creation to reserve an appropriate amount of space.
Upon receipt of your online registration, you will receive a confirmation by email. If you do not receive an email confirmation, contact Kae Rasmussen at 801.756.0731, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are invited to attend a Decorator's Workshop on Saturday, October 13, 2012 at Primary Children's Medical Center. This is an Open House from 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Here you will see decorating demonstrations as well as receive ideas and helpful hints that will assist you in creating and transporting your donation.
Things to Remember
- MUST BE ARTIFICIAL.
- Centerpieces with a Christmas theme sell best. Beauty, creativity, and imagination add spice!
- Furnish a box(es) for delivery and storage of your item.
- Boxes must be marked with the name of the design and space number, and placed directly under the display table.
- White linen cloths are provided. However, you may provide table coverings (will be sold with your creation) to complement your arrangement.
- If using lights, use those with UL listing. Include any replacement bulbs and fuses in your storage box.
- We encourage accessories such as candles, ceramics, table settings, table coverings, and other items you feel will enhance your design (which will be sold with the arrangement).
- All Centerpieces and Collectibles and accessories become the property of Festival of Trees and will be priced and sold as such. Due to space limitations, your creation may be sold in an area of the Festival of Trees other than Centerpieces and Collectibles.
- No advertising or inappropriate material will be accepted.
- Provide an easel if one is required for your creation.
Decorating Day, Monday November 26, 2012
- The South Towne Expo Center will open at 7:00 a.m. to begin decorating.
- First thing: Check in at the Centerpieces and Collectibles registration table to review your sign and receive other information.
- Your item MUST be completed by 7:00 p.m.
- Keep a record of expenses and save receipts for your tax purposes.
- On Decorating Day, you will be asked at check out for your itemized expense list to help determine the fair market value of your item. (This form is available online.) To receive a tax receipt from the Festival of Trees, bring all receipts for purchased items associated with your display.
- Leave children home. Due to security and safety issues, we recommend children be left at home.
- At check out upon completion of your Centerpiece and Collectible, you will receive one Opening Night invitation for Tuesday, November 27, at 8:00 p.m., OR two thank you tickets to the Festival to be used any day Wednesday through Saturday, November 28 - December 1.
- Each Opening Night invitation will admit two adults.
- Babies and children under the age of 16 will NOT be admitted on Opening Night.
- After Decorating Day, Opening Night tickets cannot be exchanged for admittance into the Festival later in the week.
- If you wish to attend the 5:00 p.m. bidding portion of Opening Night, you must purchase a bid number by calling Primary Children's Medical Center Foundation, 801.662-5966.
Upon completion, all creations become the property of Festival of Trees.
If for any reason you are unable to fulfill this commitment, please notify Kae Rasmussen so all reserved spaces may be utilized.
For registration information or if you have questions, please contact:
801.756.0731 or 801.530.5849
Thank you for your "Gift of Love" to Children at
Primary Children's Medical Center!
© Primary Children's Medical Center