(5 ft. and under)
PLEASE NOTE: 2012 registration for Small Trees is no longer available as our space is full. Thank you for your interest in donating to Festival of Trees!
Beautiful trees are decorated, donated, and displayed at Festival of Trees. These trees are sold by silent auction on Opening Night of Festival of Trees, Tuesday, November 27, 2012 and throughout Festival week, November 28 - December 1, 2012. One hundred percent of all funds raised will help children at Primary Children's Medical Center.
If you are interested in decorating and donating a tree to the Festival of Trees, the following policies and procedures will assist you in making your decision:
Registering Your Tree
- Small tree Registration forms must be received by October 15, 2012.
- Your space will be guaranteed only if your registration is received by October 15, 2012. After October 15, registrations will be accepted as space is available.
- Upon receipt of your online registration, you will receive a confirmation by email. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact Jennifer Ward at 801.782.7673 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If for any reason you find you are unable to fulfill this commitment after you have submitted your registration and have received your confirmation, please notify Jennifer Ward so all spaces can be utilized.
Attend Decorator's Workshop: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (Open House)
- Have at least one representative attend this workshop at Primary Children's Medical Center, multipurpose room (third floor).
- See demonstrations for wrapping lights, wiring and gluing ornaments, decorating tips, helpful hints, and information so that your tree can be transported safely.
Some Things to Remember When Decorating Your Tree
- Use NEW artificial trees no taller than 5 feet. Four ft., 4 ½ ft., and 5 ft. trees will be placed on the floor with a space of approximately 45 inches. Three ft. and 3 ½ ft. trees will be placed on 8-ft. long tables and will have a space of 36 inches square. Trees smaller than 3 ft. will have a space 18 inches square and will be placed side-by-side on 8 ft. long tables and spaced appropriately.
- Christmas themed trees sell the best.
- Difficult or hard to sell trees include: non-Christmas themed trees and Non-Christmas colored trees.
- Be Sure Lights are New and Wired Onto Tree. For safety, use lights with UL listing. DO NOT overload your tree with lights. This is a fire safety issue. The recommended number: Three strands (100 lights per strand per extension cord), or four strands (50 lights per strand per extension cord). Read the instructions on the light box for specific information. Please bring a heavy-duty extension cord (6-9 ft.) or a power strip that will be sold with the tree.
- Attach any replacement bulbs and fuses to your tree skirt.
- If using a pre-lit tree, do not add additional lights.
- All decorations must be non-flammable or fireproofed.
- Furnish a tree skirt. Attractive tree skirts and a few accessories help the tree to sell. If you use batting as a tree skirt, fire-retardant batting must be used.
- Decorations must be glued together and wired on the tree.
- Do not put decorative walls around your tree space.
- All Items Under and Around the Tree will be Sold With the Tree. All trees and accessories become the property of Festival of Trees upon completion and will be priced and sold as such.
- Please do not use pictures of loved ones that have been taken after death.
The Following will NOT be Accepted at the Festival of Trees
- Live trees.
- Old or previously used trees.
- No more than one 5"x7" photocopy of a picture for each assigned space. Because of space limitations, trees smaller than 3 ft. are not allowed to have photos.
- Trees featuring tobacco, alcohol, or adult content material.
- Water ornaments, globes, or other water features.
- Trees decorated to advertise a business or product.
Decorating Day: Monday, November 26, 2012
- The South Towne Expo Center will open at 7:00 a.m.
- First thing: Check in at the Small Tree registration table to review your sign and receive other information.
- Your tree MUST be completed by 7:00 p.m.
- Groups larger than 10 individuals must make special arrangements with Jennifer Ward at 801.782.7673 or email@example.com.
- Keep a Record of Expenses and Save Receipts for your Tax Purposes.
On Decorating Day, you will be asked at check out for your itemized expense list to help determine the fair market value of your tree. (This form is available online as part of your printed materials.) To receive a tax receipt from the Festival of Trees, bring all receipts for purchased items associated with your display.
- Come prepared. Bring scissors, florist wire, wire cutters, step stool, glue gun, pliers, drills, screw drivers, folding chairs, ladder, and clean up tools such as a broom, dustpan, and garbage bags with you to the South Towne Expo Center. Please label all your supplies.
- Do NOT remove chairs from South Towne chair racks.
- Leave children home. Due to security and safety issues, we recommend children be left at home.
- At check out, upon completion of your tree, you will receive one Opening Night invitation for Tuesday, November 27, 2012, at 8:00 p.m., OR two thank you tickets to the Festival to be used any day Wednesday through Saturday, November 28 - December 1, 2012.
- Each Opening Night invitation will admit two adults.
- Babies and children under the age of 16 will NOT be admitted on Opening Night.
- After Decorating Day, Opening Night tickets cannot be exchanged for admittance into the Festival later in the week.
- If you wish to attend the 5:00 p.m. bidding portion of Opening Night, you must purchase a bid number by calling Primary Children's Medical Center Foundation, 801.662.5966.
Upon completion, all trees become the property of Festival of Trees.
FOR QUESTIONS CONTACT:
Thank you for your "Gift of Love" to children at
Primary Children's Medical Center
© Primary Children's Medical Center