Aisle of Wreaths
Thank you for your interest in Aisle of Wreaths. All space is full for the 2012 Festival of Trees. Please see the "Ways to Give" pulldown menu for other areas that are available.
Beautiful wreaths are decorated, donated, and displayed in Aisle of Wreaths. These wreaths are sold by silent auction on Opening Night of Festival of Trees, Tuesday, November 27, 2012, and throughout Festival week, November 28 - December 1, 2012. One hundred percent of all funds raised will help children at Primary Children's Medical Center.
If you are interested in decorating and donating a wreath to the Festival of Trees, the following policies and procedures will assist you in making your decision:
Registering Your Wreath
In order to participate in the 2012 Festival of Trees, you must complete the registration process by November 1, 2012. Your space will be assigned only if your registration form is completely filled out.
Upon receipt of your online registration, you will receive a confirmation by email. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please contact Leann Hansen at 801.572.3738 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to fulfill this commitment, please notify Leann Hansen 801.572.3738, or email email@example.com so that all reserved spaces can be utilized.
Attend Decorator's Workshop October 13, 10:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. (Open House)
- Have at least one representative attend this workshop at Primary Children's Medical Center, multipurpose room (third floor), 100 N. Mario Capecchi Dr., Salt Lake City, Utah.
- See demonstrations for wrapping lights, wiring and gluing ornaments, decorating tips, helpful hints, and information.
Things to Remember When Decorating Your Wreath
- A wreath hanger must be used. However, plastic wreath hangers are not allowed.
- Nails and screws are not allowed. Only removable adhesive hooks are allowed to attach anything to the doors or to secure and hide electrical cords.
- Must be artificial.
- All decorations must be nonflammable or fireproofed.
- Minimum wreath size is 24 inches in diameter.
- Christmas, winter themed, and lighted wreaths sell the best.
- Make sure the construction is sturdy and durable and that quality materials are used.
- Tumbleweeds, straw, hay, etc. are not allowed.
- Any lights used must have a UL listing. Do not use battery-powered lights.
- No full size trees will be accepted in Aisle of Wreaths. However, alpine or pencil trees four feet tall or less are acceptable.
- Accent items may be used, if desired. Acceptable items include, but are not limited to: garland, potted silks, clever doorstops, doormats, or other items at the base of the door.
- Displays cannot extend farther than the width of the door.
- Only wood stained doors are available. If you need a special door color, please cover your door with paper or fabric. No painting of doors will be allowed.
- All wreaths and accessories become the property of Festival of Trees and will be priced and sold as such.
- No advertising or inappropriate material will be accepted.
- There are limited spaces available for larger displays. Please contact Leann Hansen, 801.572.3738, for availability.
- If your wreath is dedicated to an individual, you may use a copy of one 5" x 7" photo. When choosing a photo to display, be mindful of those who will be viewing it. Please do not use photos of loved ones that have been taken after death. The photo will be included with the purchase of the wreath. No other personal photos will be allowed on or around the wreath.
Decorating Day, Monday, November 26, 2012
- South Towne Expo Center will open at 7:00 a.m. to begin decorating.
- First thing: Check in at the Aisle of Wreaths registration table to review your sign and receive other information.
- Your wreath MUST be completed by 7:00 p.m.
- Keep a record of expenses and save receipts for your tax purposes.
- On Decorating Day, you will be asked at check out for your itemized expense list to help determine the fair market value of your wreath. (This form is available online as part of your printed materials.) To receive a tax receipt from the Festival of Trees, bring all receipts for purchased items associated with your display.
- Come Prepared. Bring whatever tools you may need to hang your wreath, such as wreath hanger, extension cord, scissors, florist wire, wire cutters, glue gun, pliers, step stool, folding chairs, and cleanup tools such as a broom, dustpan, and garbage bags. Label all supplies.
- Do NOT remove chairs from South Towne Chair racks.
- Leave children home. Due to security and safety issues, we recommend children be left at home.
- At check out, upon completion of your wreath, you will receive one Opening Night invitation for Tuesday, November 27, at 8:00 p.m., OR two thank you tickets to the Festival to be used any day Wednesday through Saturday, November 28 - December 1.
- Each Opening Night invitation will admit two adults.
- Babies and children under the age of 16 will NOT be admitted on Opening Night.
- After Decorating Day, Opening Night tickets cannot be exchanged for admittance into the Festival later in the week.
- If you wish to attend the 5:00 p.m. bidding portion of Opening Night, you must purchase a bid number by calling Primary Children's Medical Center Foundation, 801.662.5966.
Upon completion, all wreaths become the property of Festival of Trees.
Questions? Please call or email:
Leann Hansen, Chair
Thank you for your "Gift of Love" to children at
Primary Children's Medical Center
© Primary Children's Medical Center